The agra takes place every two years at the Neue Messe Leipzig. The agricultural exhibition in Central Germany is launched for the 16th time already and is one of the biggest trade meetings for the East of Germany and beyond. On more than 120.000m², about 50 000 visitors will visit more than 1000 exhibitors from 18 countries with their machines, technologies and offers of all leading manufacturers.
All leading companies of international agricultural engineering will be represented by their regional distributors. At the fair, important operational investments will be prepared and completed. But the fair is also an important meeting point for the industry, to establish contacts, to maintain and foster customer relations and to get well informed at first-hand about plant production, livestock farming and agricultural engineering.
The fair focusses on agricultural engineering, plant production, animal breeding, renewable resources and renewable energies, forestry technology, food industry, as well as the “rural area”.
Top performances in animal breeding will be shown in many first-class competitions, as well as in performance and cattle shows. About 1000 farm animals will be shown to the public, led by a well experienced consortium of Saxonian animal breeding organizations. At the fair, beef cattle, dairy cows, pigs, sheep, horses, water buffalos, lamas, alpacas, rabbits, as well as poultry, will be shown. In the national competition of young breeders, the Central German competition of beef cattle, the competition of young horse breeders, and through diverse honorary prizes for animal breeding of pigs, rabbits and poultry, the breeding performance of the various associations will be presented and acknowledged competently and interestingly.
What’s new: the Special Exhibition agra – Forestry. In the outdoor area and in hall 2, sylvicultural topics are combined in a separate area.
- More than 1,000 exhibitors from 14 countries
- 70.000 sqm net exhib. area / outdoor area
- 40,000 sqm net exhib. area halls 2 and 4
- Section “agricultural engineering and a roof“ in halls 2 and 4
Opinions of exhibitors
- 81 % are very satisfied or satisfied
- more than 85 % participate next event
- 48,900 visitors, 91 % professionals
- 88 % from Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia
- 12 % from other federal states or abroad
- 31 % first visitors
- 71 % farming is the main activity
- 14 % offer agricultural services
- 4 % research and teaching
- 10 % sideline businesses
- 28 % acreage < 1,000 ha
- 54 % acreage of 1,000 – 2,500 ha
- 18 % acreage > 2500 ha
- 61 % have a leadership position and are participating in strategic decisions
- 72 % information about innovations
- 56 % plan investments
- 43 % had sale talks
- 25 % closed business deals